
The intensity of my swollen finger has yet to decrease. I cancelled my guitar lesson because of that.
I've been watching some movies lately. I'll offer my two cents' worth and you'll consider watching them... or not. Haha, k. If you are afraid of my being a spoiler, then please skip this paragraph. ._.
Transformers - This was the former movie. It was given a high rating on a prestigous website, and so, it did not disappoint me. The graphics and sound effects were brilliant. Though on the unrealistic side, this movie may trigger our skeptism about robots being on another planet or in another dimension. ROFL. It has touching parts and hilarious moments too, but mostly, it's action, baby! A wise quote from this movie is at the top of this post -- the title, yes. It revealed lots of moral values like loyalty, perseverance, mercy, yadda yadda. LOL, what do I mean by mercy? The good robots have this golden law they must not break, which is: Do not hurt humans. The bad robots are not so... nice, in this aspect. Overall, it was great! I like Bumblebee a lot! He's like the cutest of all the robots, hahaha. He said this when the Chihwahwa peed on him, "Quit lubricating me." They thought it's liquid oil? 'Cause of the colour? Lol.
The Dark Knight - Ooh, batman! It's heavy action! When I thought Joker was scary, Henry, after half of his face got burnt, was scarier. It's a bit complicated lah, the storyline. But I remembered vividly that Batman is hot! Not under that black mask, of course. Him being Wayne. ^^ Don't look at Joker as if he's just some madman, listen to his jokes. Although no one laughs at them, they are super funny. What I admire most about Batman is his perseverance. Although every citizen hates him and wants him arrested, Batman continues to strive and stop Joker from doing those dangerous deeds. Joker died from falling from a height of 3 storeys? When he survived all those shootings and whatnots from the police and enemies?! It's fate, I guess. Rachel doesn't love Wayne, awww. Batman is not yet finished, I think there's a next movie to continue from The Dark Knight. So stay tune. (:
The Rice People - A documentary. It's quite okay lor. It emphasizes on how hard it is for padi farmers to reap a harvest even though they sow plentiful. The sowing process is super tough and difficult, and yet the harvest is only around 3 bags full of rice. Unwelcomed guests like sparrows and padi crabs invite themselves to the fields conveniently. The family consist of the father (named Poeuv), mother and 7 daughters. All their children are daughters. Naturally, they are weaker than men lah. Damn poor thing lor, the family. Because of the father's death, the mother turned crazy. She wasn't fit to work on the fields, so her 4 oldest daughters took her place. Fortunately, a guy who likes the oldest daughter, Sokha, helped them a lot during the harvest. Their future brother-in-law, hahaha. Moral of this story: To treasure rice and not waste it because the padi farmers worked so hard every day under the sun and their legs soaking wet.
For The Bible Tells Me So - Romans 1:26... This documentary is about Christians and homosexuals. A lot of Christians are against homosexuality because the bible tells them so, lol. Honestly, I am a Christian AND I'm perfectly fine with homosexuals. Provided a lesbian doesn't hit on me, lah. Cuz I'm 100% straight, rofl. Hmm... Reverends say the mentality of a homosexual can be changed. I think it's just something inside most of them that cannot be changed. It's the same way how you cannot change a heterosexual into a homosexual. And I agree that "natural" and "unnatural" in the Bible means "customary" and "non-customary". I don't think I have any reason to put homos down. It's their lives and the way they are. I agree with this: "I cannot imagine God telling me I shouldn't be black, I should have been white instead. And I shouldn't be a woman, I should have been a man. And I shouldn't be a homosexual, I should have been straight." Remember Jesus eating with the tax collectors and prostitutes? In Mark 2:13-16. Jesus eats with His disciples. Similarly, He eats with the sinners and unclean people. The bottomline is, God loves you and I unconditionally no matter who we are, what we've done and where we come from. And btw, I know it's rumoured homosexual guys have high possibilities of getting STDs. So what? I am sooo not against STD patients. For ignorant people, please click here. -_- It's World AIDs Day, today! And I'm putting a red ribbon as my display pic for the whole day. Take that, dumbasses.
I've been rotting at home for the past half of the week. I finished 'Why Why Love' already. I'm on 原來我不帥 now. The show's hilarious. Got JJ inside, some more! But the acting a bit raw and fake. LOL.
Friday no cell. But I had NSC appt. My blood test result was out. My cholesterol dropped 7 points. That's a good shot. There's no more tests coming up so I can enjoy food, period! Med cost close to a hundred bucks. I couldn't pay for all 42 pills so I had yet another order bill. Why can't NSC provide invoices? Then I don't have to make another trip just to retrieve my 4 pills. Very lame lor, IMO. But nehmind, I'm free during the hols.
Accompanied Ah Neh to svc. First, we 235-ed to Hub. Then, we train-ed to AMK. Then we take 26 to Bedok area. Finally, change to 24 then can reach Expo. So troublesome lor. Anyway, by the time we got to AMK, already 4:30pm. We bought food from Toastbox and bubble tea from Sweettalk, then we cabbed to church. The taxi-driver was talking to us about God and church and stuff. He's from a Catholic church. The fare turned out to be 16 bucks. -_- Eh, next time take cab go by Bedok, don't go by Changi, hor! Svc was great! Was in no mood when I arrived at our sitting place, but praise really perked my spirit up! :D Three praise songs. I think they should make this a custom. Heh heh. Most of the P&W songs are from the album, "Light of the World", and sung during Asia Conference. Pastor Tan was the preacher. Word was short. Ended at 7:30pm, surprisingly. ^^ A whole lot of people were sick. Could hear sniffing and coughing throughout the sermon. I didn't catch the viruses cuz my immunity was surprisingly high that night. Yay! Home-d with Baojuan and Shaofei. So fun lah, missed Shaofei a lot!
Groceries-shopping yesterday, after we didn't manage to do so the last week due to Asia Conf. To make up for last week, the bill came out to be a hundred and a half bucks. Oops. Haha. That meant 75 bucks last week and 75 bucks this week. Not so bad, aye! d:
My phone's cocking up. It keeps auto-offing when there's no signal; 'Inactive Sim'. Pekchek ahhhh~!
I disfavour people who are only nice to good-looking people or their steads/crushes. I far deprecate people who aren't gentlemen at all.
P.S. I think this post is long enough. I shall insert my promised notes in a not-so-long post next time. Haha. So stay tuned. ROFL. (; Shut up about my procrastinating already, okay!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]