just the plain old me.

My side of the story.

Friday, November 21, 2008

 

Asia Conference, whoo!



Asia Conf was the bomb, babayeeeeeeeee!

FIRST NIGHT
Met Janice and Boss at Foyer 2. Went for 2 electives. First, Boss and I went with Janice to 'Social Etiquette & Personal Grooming'. Really, the bulk of it is how to put on make-up. The beginning part was styling your hair depending on the occasion. The taking off jacket with style part was super funny. And we women have to position our feet in such a way there's a Y shape or smth. :S

Next, Boss and I moved on to 'Building A Healthy Self-image'. Pastor Tannnnn! It's good. But like preached before in normal service leh. So familiar.

Went to find the rest at Hall 7. Queued for food and ate quickly. Queued up for service. There wasn't a proper queue, fyi. Some people got molested. ): Took lotsa pictures during service. I agreed with Desiree that it looked super Chingay, with those slow-moving, colourful vehicles.

Not bad, the preaching. Ended 10 minutes late. Train-ed home. Reached home at 12:10am. ): Slept at 1am, I think.

SECOND NIGHT
Woke up at 6am. Met Boss and Karyin. Waited for Angeline and Renee. Queued yet again. One thing I don't like is queueing, even for toilet. Especially if I high tide. Found seats at Arena. Last row some more. Tried sleeping but got pissed instead, because people walking behind would whack my hair rubber band. Then my hair got messy. ;l Svc started. CCC Band wasn't all that fantastic. I don't like lah. Phil Pringle's time. He didn't preach lor. Did the move of God thing. Not very powerful leh. Last time really like him (cuz of the Easter painting thing LOL) but now changed my mind. Prefer Ulf Ekman. OK lah, Pst Phil is very funny; loves to joke!

Then there's a break before the second session starts. Karyin and I camwhored! Cool man... until my phone's memory full! D:

Second session: Ulf Ekman. He looks like a moose. Preaching was great. Eh, supaz guilty I fell asleep. Thanks, Lengzai, for irritating me to wake up. Though I got quite annoyed at the end. xD

Proceeded to same table at Hall 7. Queued to take lunch food. Ate. The drink was better.

Boss and I left super early to go for our Elective, AQ & EQ. I guess it's about how to pick myself up when I fall. And the difference between Emotion and Feeling. Cool. The talk was quite intellectual. Both speakers, Nanz Chong and Benjamin Cheng, are from BBG. Business Bankrupt Group? Used to be. xD Business Breakthrough Group lah! And they're praying for Business Billionaire Group! :D Hahaha!

Second Elective: Effective Evangelism. Had the honour of Pastor Abraham from Taiwan to preach a little. Other than Ed Hardy, I think Christian Audieg is another fad among pastors. I didn't digest the Chinese part. Pastor Tan Seow How from Heart of God Church, our affliated church, really inspired me to evangelize! Well, in the correct way of course. Incubation first, followed by invitation and then lastly, integration. ^^ Often we skip the first step, that's why our friends don't stay.

Bought food at Foyer 3. Ate dinner at Hall 7.

Chiong-ed for queue. This time the ushers made a queue out of chairs and tapes. Got seats at left terrace, second last row.

Jack Neo shared his testimony. Can you believe it? Jack Neo has been in our church for a year now! His new movie is coming up in January. About long-married couples. Pastor Ulf preached. Superrrrr draggyyyy. Ended later than 11pm. Luckily some of us left early. Train-ed home. All last trains leh; from Expo to Tanah, from Tanah to City Hall, from City Hall to Toa Payoh. Reached home super late. 12:35am.

P.S. I realize if I am pissed off, I'd use heavy sarcasm. OMG D:





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]