just the plain old me.

My side of the story.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

 

I SAID I WOULD BE BACK..

And Here Is Yours Truly.


-Throws flying kisses at everyone!-

It's so nice to be blogging again, though I must warn you this post's gonna be uber-long. So put on your seatbelts and relac. o_o (Never heard that one before, aye?! Aha.)

Let's start with tag replies, shall we? (:
-Yingying; Hello!
-Iris; Okay. Relinked. [:
-Kaining; Who call you suan me, huh, smelly SWANist!! d:
-Simin; Ooh, okay. (:
-Hweehong; LMAO! Steadaye ahh, damn cute lah you! :D
-Tsz Hin; Oh, thanks!
-Yunshuen; Hello, my dear! I miss you like siao, girl! Meet up soon, k!


-Contemplates between F1 and exams. Decides on F1 because it's waaaay more juicy.- (LOL. Did I just write my thoughts out?)






F1 2 weeks ago was aaawwweeesssooommmeee!!! How many of you actually caught the F1 fever? Well, I sure did! I totally adore Lewis Hamilton. He's like the Hottest shit in town! And not to mention the most irresistable one, too. Such a young and passionate racer... Who can deny such a talent. Cute, tanned (black sounds racist), and known as the guy with a gap between his front teeth. (Don't worry, love. You don't need no braces.) I was so dumb to have mistaken the timing for Sunday's final race! I thought it would start at 10pm, but it turned out to start at 8pm. I turned on the TV just in time to see the three winners. Alonso was the champion, followed by Nico Rosberg. Hamilton was third. Well, at least he scored a podium place! (: And I'm hhaappppyy for him! It was quite a surprise Alonso could win. His team was supaz clever to have thought of running on a light fuel at the begining of the race. That actually cleared the road in the middle of the race cuz everyone else is busy refuelling. Nice one, Ferrari! Who is Nico Rosberg? I didn't even knew he existed. He was one of the mediocre racers in the heats. An amazing black horse, I must say. Oh, and he looks like a splitting image of Leonardi DiCaprio! Don't worry, m'love. You would do excellente for the final three races which would be held at Jap, Cheena and BRAzil. I hope it rains in Cheena during GP, then Mercedes would guarantee a win. :DDD Ham's already leading with the highest points. Even if he doesn't top the final 3 races, it doesn't really matter as he'd still own his rival, Massa. Lol, Massa got 13th position btw. But still, Ham's not a guy who's complacent and takes chances. Note: Dephne supports Felipe Massa while Debra supports Kimi Raikkonen. ME HEARTSXZ LEWIS HAMMIE!!! Y I don't know why some people hate Ham to the max. They say he's cocky, overrated and everything. Hello? He's only 23?! And look at his successes. He has, IMO, every right to be proud of himself for all the glory he had worked so hard for. If there's any word to describe Ham, it would be "wunderkind". He succeeded so early in life, barely twice of my age. Wunderkind sounds like "wonderful" and "one of a kind" combined. Perfectly describes him, right? &So what if he's half-black? Race is not an issue here; skills matter, mind you! Do bear in mind, haters of Lewis Hamilton, that Ham's the youngest racer among the others in GP and still manages to own everyone else. So I guess I've drawn up an obvious conclusion. That is: You guys are just jealous of Hamilton. Yep, plain and simple. Think about it.

To sidetrack a bit, I reckon the number of speeding drivers would rise thanks to the F1 hooha. 've been hearing speeding motorcyclists roaring away, breaking the silence of the night (12am++). Trying so hard to mimick the daredevils of the tracks, I see?

Exams was quite a tough obstacle to overcome. Thanks to A.math, Chemistry and Mother Tongue papers. I'll rate the difficulty of my papers on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being 'piece of cake' and 10 being 'difficult like @#$%^&!!') It summarises everything. And I'd like to see how my actual results tally with the estimation of my abilities.
EL P1: 6/10. I spent quite a bit of time on deciding the topic for my compo. Many did not realise situational writing was proposal format and not formal letter format, though I wasn't one of them.
EL P2: 5/10. Miss Seah once told us the paper's not gonna be easy, so I kinda prepared for the worst. Turned out to be okay. But Miss Seah, being the setter, didn't tell us Summary would be done in paragraphs instead of table form. Miss Koh did tell her class that.
MTL P1: 7/10. OMG! I didn't understand what the Newspaper Report was all about and I die die must write Newspaper Report cuz I spent days trying to remember the format and all the transition words. I got a bit out of point. Or was it a lot? That's for the marker to decide. Lesson learnt: Being hardcore sometimes can put one into deep shit!
MTL P2: 5/10. Passage was a lot less intellectual than the latest common test. Though Chinese pro, Yuan Pu, commented that this was the hardest paper he had did ever since he came to GYSS. I personally thought it was okay. I mean, I managed to do all the questions without leaving any blank.
EM P1: 6/10. Paper 1 was challenging. I flunked number sequence for sure. Out of 6 marks, I'll prolly get 2 marks, MAX. I don't know why but I just suck at topics that aren't mechanical. Brainteasers, you call that.
EM P2: 4/10. I was on a steady pace, swiftly solving every most of the questions. I didn't have enough time to check through all my answers though. I flunked 4 marks. (As in I left those questions unanswered, so confirm no marks.)
AM: 11/10! Flunked 35 marks, lol! Stupid subject! As in exam papers are more like to torture you intellectually (while you're doing the paper) and then you get tormented psychologically for doing so badly that you don't meet your teacher's standard. Amath is already so hard, we pupils seriously don't need any more help in making the papers incredulously undoable. I am positive Cambridge's standard is much much lower than ours. Plus, our teachers don't practise ECF and BOD for Math. Yes, saddening, I know. But then again, there's still CA to pull up our grades to a marginal fail (hopefully). So I say, it's not about passing. It's about failing alrightly or failing badly.
BIO: 6/10. MCQs were easy. Free-Response questions were tricky, though most of them were taken from TYS. And luckily, I went through Transport in Plants and Nutrition in Humans with Deb on Monday. Flunked 8 marks.
CHEM: 8/10. Oh man, I hope I can manage a pass for this one! D: Kind of hard. I was drowned intellectually by the Mole questions. The first question of Structured Essay was kinda stupid. 1 mark questions which can be infered from the passage itself. And you might be wondering, "Huh? Passage for Chem?" Apparently, yes. Then again, I anyhow do cuz it was something I never learnt before.
SS: 5/10. Mdm Yong rocks for telling us what chapters to concentrate on! BUTTTT, she didn't hint to us about Birth rate in Singapore leh! #$%. Bo bian lor; infered with common sense. My structured essay questions were done pretty alright. Unless she nitpick on me for not having enough feeling writing the factors down, I think I can score. Source-based is- sigh. Damn sad. I don't know. Hope my SEQ can pull up the overall marks.
GEOG: 7/10. Siao liao. I know it's not supposed to be hard lah, but I suck at Geog. Spent too much time on first section cuz I misintepreted the question, zzz. Rushed through the second section. I was glad I could draw a waterfall, though I think I lacked details. *shrugs*

Here's part of my diary draft written on 4th Oct:
"it seems like time passes so slowly... 10 minutes feel like 10 days. a day feels like a month. the day when exam knocks out? it feels like it's decades away. too far to catch hold of. ahh, this sickening feeling of exam blues. most of you should be rather familiar with it, i'm sure. the stress whereby you try to cramp everything into your brains at the last minute of revision; the guilt when you start playing or daydreaming (oops, i'm currently suppose to feel guilt-ridden. heh); the wide eyes and desperate faces... i wonder what it would be like when O levels come crashing into my life. the torment; the midnight oils; the muggings; the struggles; the daily tuitions; the grounding; the trying-to-be-disciplined-by-not-playing-com-or-watching-tv attitude. well, on the bright side, O's not till next year, which is (uh-oh) just 2 months' away! how time flies, you see. i have no more life starting from january 1st 09. or maybe i will... till after chinese new year. then, i'll begin my nerd routine: listening attentively, doing every piece of homework, having weekly tuitions at least, go home straight after school and etc. then again, on a brighter note, i have God with me! He will never forsake me, instead He will lift me from my burdens. i shall be the head and never the tail, forever above and not beneath. this is what would brace me for the future "endeavours". come what may, for who/what can be against me when God is with me?"

My final CA for A&E maths are out! I scored 79.4% (A1!) for Emath and 67.1% (B3) for Amath! I improved 3 marks for E. and one whole grade for A! Yes, I feel like giving everyone I see a hug! LOL!

SP came to GYSS to, I guess, promote their school for a bit. I really like SP a lot and that's my dream Poly! The prob is, I don't know what course to take. The helpful guy offered to explain to me some of the courses. I feel like taking Biomedical, but I need to have 10 whole years of tough training before I can start disecting bodies. I'm not the material for tourism. Maybe business? Or management? Entrepenuership? I have no idea. Sigh. I can't seem to spot my talent, my God-gifted talent.

There's this infuriating incident whereby I was walking with Faz and Farhanna across the road and this damn driver sped his way towards us even though four of us are like in the middle of crossing that damn road.. and Farhanna even had her hand up to signal the car to kindly stop for us. What if we get knocked down? Oh no! We will dirty his precious vehicle with our blood and spilled-out guts and whatnots. Poor thing, hor? :l I hate selfish and inconsiderate drivers.

I read The Davinci Code and it was just swell. Not that I had the time to complete it but I'd like to quote something about Venus & the Olympics on page 40.
"...the planet Venus traced a perfect pantacle across the ecliptic sky every eight years. ... As a tribute to the magic of Venus, the Greeks used her eight-year cycle to organize their Olympic Games. Nowadays, few people realized that the four-year schedule of modern Olympics still followed the half-cycles of Venus. Even fewer people knew that the five-pointed star had almost become the official Olympic seal but was modified at the last moment--its five points exchanged for five intersecting rings to better reflect the games' spirit of inclusion and harmony."
It's interesting, don't cha think so too?

Anyhoo, I've got a bunch of post-exam activities awaiting me! :D
-Sentosa with steadaye, Nadira and friends tomorrow.
-Date with Simin next Tuesday.
-K-ing/Shopping with Yunshuen.
-Perm hair with Stead and Nadira.
-X'mas bag shopping with Terrorist and Mel.Lim.

Lastly, ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR REMAINING PAPERS AND HAVE LOTSA FUN (while you can, lol)!!!


They can change the locks, don't let them change your mind.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]